2012年3月14日星期三

My Experience of Speeding up Account Restoration


I was very glad that I get my account back and can play wow again, but  it makes my life annoying for a few days without wow, I want to remind you of Keeping your gold close and your authenticator closer. However, not all of us is lucky to avoid our account being hacked. Here i'd like to show something to people who have the same experience like me.

Recently I accidentally clicked a link posted by a scammer on the Moon Guard forums that ended up keylogging my compute and my wow account was hacked, all characters deleted and then replaced by level one gold farmers spread across the server Blizzard permanently banned the account shortly after. After the first shock I decided to open a ticket but unfortunately I didnt get an answer even after 4 hours of waiting. I'm kinda desperate. I was able to contact Blizzard administration, remove the keylogger convince them of my innocence and recover my account, I understand I cannot retrieve any gold or items I may have lost but I was told that the characters can be recovered from the game database, excited i followed the way of a elite player in my guild.

According to Blizzard World of Warcraft account restoration policies, I'm sure everyone can imagine how often customer service is contacted by WoW players wanting rollbacks due to hacked accounts and the like. Blizzard World of Warcraft's billing support actually has the ability to do these "rollbacks" on the spot. Of course this leads a certain amount of abuse to the system as well.World of Warcraft admins are being told not to restore people's characters and items after their accounts are hit by keyloggers. Instead, they are to offer subscribers a "care package". However, if the player does not accept this care package, they are then forced to go into a character restoration queue that is consistently several days to weeks long. According to sources familiar with the situation, this "care package policy" has been implemented in order to lighten the work load of those Blizzard employees who perform wow account restorations.

Therefore the most important step for you to take is to contact the Game Master Department by submitting an in-game petition. To do this, please select the red question mark which can be found on the bottom right of your screen, next to your bags. With any restoration request, you should go by the rule that too much information is better than too little. For items, ensure that you include the name of the items, how it was lost, and the date and time that the incident occurred. Similarly with a character restore, include the name, class, level, race and realm of the character.

没有评论:

发表评论